In the summer heat we all love a quick take-away, a sprinkle topped ice-cream or a cold fizzy drink. However, if you fancy a healthier relief which tastes sweet but is still cooling see our fave summer foods below:
- Fruit Salad – Cut up all your favourite fruits into a bowl, add a few spoons of Greek yogurt & voila!
- Cucumber – An incredibly hydrating little snack. Cut some thick slices up and dip them in hummus or you can’t go wrong with a classic cucumber sandwich.
- Peaches – Another cool, seasonal pick that are not only delicious at this time of year, but also contain vitamins A and C, which promotes healthy skin – bonus or what!
- Cold Tuna Pasta – mix a can of tuna, sweetcorn, mayo & peppers with some pasta. Leave it in the fridge for a good hour or so & you’ll be good to go.
- Apples – Cut them in slices and spread some peanut butter for the perfect snack that will cool you down and fill you up.
- Lemon – citrus has a brilliant cooling effect on the body and also promotes detoxification. Squeeze a lemon into your water which doesn’t just have cooling benefits, it’s amazing for the skin and has immune-boosting benefits.
- Chicken salad/wrap – cook chicken in your fave flavour & enjoy it with a colourful salad or have it in a warp with salad on the side. *Yum*